Skip to main content

Irish Poems Recital

Hi folks!


Welcome to a new entry of this learning journal. Did you know that last month the 17th of March was Saint Patrick's Day? Let me tell you a bit more about this festivity. 

Saint Patrick's Day is a really big party for everything to do with the country, Ireland. Its people, art, religion and all the things Irish people like to do. This special day happens every year on March, 17, which marks the date when Saint Patrick, a catholic priest in charged of spreading the Christian word. 

You might be wondering why I am telling you all these things. Well, in my school in Mars we are immersed on a radio- project related to Irish Poems. We have created a podcast in which students participate actively introducing themselves for a later on activity to podcast recitals of Irish poems.

What it is very important is the use of ICTs in these kind of activities. Through the tool Soundcloud, we engage students to upload their own recordings in order to make a collection of Irish poems. Soundcloud is a digital tool that has been created to collect music or records in a meaningful and organised way. Moreover, you can connect and save some interesting music. 

For both teachers and students is a great tool that catches students' attention. They get engaged on creating new records for later uploading. As a teacher, this tool is very interesting, that helps us to work on different contents in a fun and technological way fulfilling the curriculum demands. Moreover, I have been learning a lot about this tool that I did not know before. It's very useful and, the most important thing for early learners, is that you have access to brief videos and explanations of the different features of this app. 

On the following lines, you can find a draft of the Irish recital Project and some examples of the project. I really hope you enjoy it and share my experience with others. 

See you!



"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard a video project

Hi folks! How are things going in The Earth? Here in Marsh we are all having a super duper week celebrating the World Book Day! As you know, the 23rd of April was the international day of the book. On April 23, 1616, Cervantes, Shakespeare and Garcilaso de la Vega died. Also on 23rd April, other important writers such as Maurice Druon, K. Laxness, Vladimir Nabokov, Josep Pla or Manuel Mejía Vallejo were born or died. This is the main reason there is a special day in our calendars on 23rd April.  I was telling you this because the other day, we were in class working on past times and how people were prevented from reading books about politics. My students got shocked when they found out that women could not read at all any kind of books years ago. So I decided to dedicate some of my time to work on Micromachism nowadays in our daily lives.  Micromachism is a hidden form of gender violence that include strategies, gestures, things, acts of everyday life that are subtle, almo

Reflection time

Hi folks! Today, I want to share with you a very special post of this blog. This last post means the end of a project but the beginning of a new life. The Master's Degree is finishing and with it the subject ICTs in CLIL.  The journey has been really fun and interesting at the same time. Together with my classmates, I have learnt a lot, and which is the most important part, I met so amazing people doing this Masters. A good bye is always sad, but today I do not want to be sad. It has to be a happy day in whcih we will remember some of the activities done during this course. To be honest, some of these activities drived my crazy!! But in the end, I learnt from all of them, even the tricky ones.  In my view, the activities done along the semester are very useful to use for educational purposes. I am sure I will put into practice many of the activities learnt, such as the Twima project or the video recording. They are, from my point of view, the funniest and the