Skip to main content

Irish Poems Recital

Hi folks!


Welcome to a new entry of this learning journal. Did you know that last month the 17th of March was Saint Patrick's Day? Let me tell you a bit more about this festivity. 

Saint Patrick's Day is a really big party for everything to do with the country, Ireland. Its people, art, religion and all the things Irish people like to do. This special day happens every year on March, 17, which marks the date when Saint Patrick, a catholic priest in charged of spreading the Christian word. 

You might be wondering why I am telling you all these things. Well, in my school in Mars we are immersed on a radio- project related to Irish Poems. We have created a podcast in which students participate actively introducing themselves for a later on activity to podcast recitals of Irish poems.

What it is very important is the use of ICTs in these kind of activities. Through the tool Soundcloud, we engage students to upload their own recordings in order to make a collection of Irish poems. Soundcloud is a digital tool that has been created to collect music or records in a meaningful and organised way. Moreover, you can connect and save some interesting music. 

For both teachers and students is a great tool that catches students' attention. They get engaged on creating new records for later uploading. As a teacher, this tool is very interesting, that helps us to work on different contents in a fun and technological way fulfilling the curriculum demands. Moreover, I have been learning a lot about this tool that I did not know before. It's very useful and, the most important thing for early learners, is that you have access to brief videos and explanations of the different features of this app. 

On the following lines, you can find a draft of the Irish recital Project and some examples of the project. I really hope you enjoy it and share my experience with others. 

See you!



"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many senses have we got?

How many senses have we got? Photograph by Alexas_Fotos CC0 Creative Commons   Hi folks! It's me again, Martic! How are things going in The Earth? Here in Mars we are celebrating Saint Valentine's Day. Did you know that Marshis people celebrate Saint Valentine's on the 15th of February? Yes! This is because Cupid used to visit first The Earth and the day after he visits Mars.  In my classroom, I am linking this special day to the 5 senses humans have. We are asking ourselves how people interact and make relationships such as friendship or partnership. The purpose of the following pictures is to represent humans acts when interacting with the environment, with other people and with themselves. I have designed this topic to be carried out in a CLIL lesson with 2nd graders. The photographs displayed below will help me to introduce and to explain the topic of the 5 senses. To activate students' talking time, I will ask them some questions ...

Experimenting with Genially

Hi folks! Welcome back to Mars! Here we are once again providing you with great ideas to use in your classroom. Today, I am going to show you a very useful tool to motivate and engage students in learning new concepts. This innovative tool is genially I found out this website quite interesting for teachers. First of all, because it is free! Moreover, it offers many visual items to use in Primary Education. It is not the simple Power point that you create to give meaning to your explanations. Genially has been designed to be manipulative and interconnected, which means you create a slideshow with different alternatives and windows that open a new world field. Although it has been my first time using this app, I will apply it to my classroom as a general basis. I have to say that the first time it is a bit time- consuming as you might not know how it goes. But when you get used to it, you will think that it is "easy peasy, lemon squeezy!" I really recommend usi...