Skip to main content

Let's work with infographics!

Hi folks!

Welcome to a new entry of my learning journal. Today I am going to draw your attention to infographics. An infographic is a visual representation of information or data. They are used mainly to present a content or as a backup for an explanation. Due to its powerful uses, infographics are great tools to apply in Primary Education. 

In this case I have used a free webpage to create my own infographic to use in class. This site is canva. It offers a wide spectrum of templates to use and create your own ones. It is free, which means is affordable for everybody, and it is very easy to follow as you have a brief and visual explanation of its functions. 

For me it has been a positive experience working with canva and I feel comfortable designing my own templates. I think canva is one of the most recommended tools I would like to share with you as it's been a pleasure to work with it. Simple, visual and organised. 

Specifically, I have used canva to create an infographic to explain and help primary students to follow certain steps when dealing with research works. Sometimes, students get stuck when they have to start from the very begining of a project. Therefore, I have thought about using an infographic to solve this problem and provide them with 3 simple steps before taking hands on it. The infographic is divided into 3 main steps to succeed in a research work. They are illustrated with pictures and short explanations.

I hope you enjoy working with infographics and you could use it in you classroom.

See you!
Steps to do a research work de patricia navarro

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many senses have we got?

How many senses have we got? Photograph by Alexas_Fotos CC0 Creative Commons   Hi folks! It's me again, Martic! How are things going in The Earth? Here in Mars we are celebrating Saint Valentine's Day. Did you know that Marshis people celebrate Saint Valentine's on the 15th of February? Yes! This is because Cupid used to visit first The Earth and the day after he visits Mars.  In my classroom, I am linking this special day to the 5 senses humans have. We are asking ourselves how people interact and make relationships such as friendship or partnership. The purpose of the following pictures is to represent humans acts when interacting with the environment, with other people and with themselves. I have designed this topic to be carried out in a CLIL lesson with 2nd graders. The photographs displayed below will help me to introduce and to explain the topic of the 5 senses. To activate students' talking time, I will ask them some questions ...

Irish Poems Recital

Hi folks! Welcome to a new entry of this learning journal. Did you know that last month the 17th of March was Saint Patrick's Day? Let me tell you a bit more about this festivity.  Saint Patrick's Day is a really big party for everything to do with the country, Ireland. Its people, art, religion and all the things Irish people like to do. This special day happens every year on March, 17, which marks the date when Saint Patrick, a catholic priest in charged of spreading the Christian word.  You might be wondering why I am telling you all these things. Well, in my school in Mars we are immersed on a radio- project related to Irish Poems. We have created a podcast in which students participate actively introducing themselves for a later on activity to podcast recitals of Irish poems. What it is very important is the use of ICTs in these kind of activities. Through the tool Soundcloud , we engage students to upload their own recordings in order to make a collection...

Welcome buddies

Photograph by OpenClipart- Vectors CC0 Creative Commons 💃Hi folks! Welcome to my classroom in Mars. I am a teacher here in this fantastic planet. My name is Martic and I am 126 years old. Here in Mars people can live up to 270 years old. Amazing, isn't it? Are you ready to know a bit more about us? Just keep reading... I am an enthusiastic CLIL teacher. I love languages and being in touch with people from other planets such as The Earth or Saturn. I love dancing flamenco in my free time, I will show you sometime.  I am interested in travelling as well. I have visited 5 planets in my life. But I hope to travel to many more places in this Milky Way. Now you know me a bit more, I will tell you more about how we live in Mars.  Let me introduce you my classroom. The students in Mars s peak both Spanish and Marsish therefore  we believe in Bilingual Education. It is very important for us because they communicate with Spanish people everyday. ...