Skip to main content

Designing a mindmap for a project in class

Hi folks!



Welcome to a new post of this educational learning journal. Today I would like to talk about mindmaps for educational purposes. As you know, here in Mars we use a lot of mindmaps so as to explain contents, projects, planning, etc. 




I have been thinking of sharing with you this fantastic tool as it is pretty simple and useful to use in class. The tool I am referring to is coogle. It's a free website in which you can create your online mindmaps for different purposes. With just a google account, you have access to create as many mindmaps as you want. 




As I have said earlier, it is free and easy, but sometimes it gets stuck and you cannot go backwards to undo a mistake. However, it offers visuals to explain many things in class and it makes learning fun. 




I have used this tool to present and explain a project to carry out in the class. The challenge has been successful, as the students understand perfectly what they have to do. In this case, I have used coogle to present a project about magnetism. They would have to design a model about a train track, for example, and make the train move along a track designed on a board using magnets.




Below, you can see the example of my mindmap to visualise what the students would have to do. I hope you enjoy it!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many senses have we got?

How many senses have we got? Photograph by Alexas_Fotos CC0 Creative Commons   Hi folks! It's me again, Martic! How are things going in The Earth? Here in Mars we are celebrating Saint Valentine's Day. Did you know that Marshis people celebrate Saint Valentine's on the 15th of February? Yes! This is because Cupid used to visit first The Earth and the day after he visits Mars.  In my classroom, I am linking this special day to the 5 senses humans have. We are asking ourselves how people interact and make relationships such as friendship or partnership. The purpose of the following pictures is to represent humans acts when interacting with the environment, with other people and with themselves. I have designed this topic to be carried out in a CLIL lesson with 2nd graders. The photographs displayed below will help me to introduce and to explain the topic of the 5 senses. To activate students' talking time, I will ask them some questions ...

Irish Poems Recital

Hi folks! Welcome to a new entry of this learning journal. Did you know that last month the 17th of March was Saint Patrick's Day? Let me tell you a bit more about this festivity.  Saint Patrick's Day is a really big party for everything to do with the country, Ireland. Its people, art, religion and all the things Irish people like to do. This special day happens every year on March, 17, which marks the date when Saint Patrick, a catholic priest in charged of spreading the Christian word.  You might be wondering why I am telling you all these things. Well, in my school in Mars we are immersed on a radio- project related to Irish Poems. We have created a podcast in which students participate actively introducing themselves for a later on activity to podcast recitals of Irish poems. What it is very important is the use of ICTs in these kind of activities. Through the tool Soundcloud , we engage students to upload their own recordings in order to make a collection...

Welcome buddies

Photograph by OpenClipart- Vectors CC0 Creative Commons 💃Hi folks! Welcome to my classroom in Mars. I am a teacher here in this fantastic planet. My name is Martic and I am 126 years old. Here in Mars people can live up to 270 years old. Amazing, isn't it? Are you ready to know a bit more about us? Just keep reading... I am an enthusiastic CLIL teacher. I love languages and being in touch with people from other planets such as The Earth or Saturn. I love dancing flamenco in my free time, I will show you sometime.  I am interested in travelling as well. I have visited 5 planets in my life. But I hope to travel to many more places in this Milky Way. Now you know me a bit more, I will tell you more about how we live in Mars.  Let me introduce you my classroom. The students in Mars s peak both Spanish and Marsish therefore  we believe in Bilingual Education. It is very important for us because they communicate with Spanish people everyday. ...