Skip to main content

Experimenting with Genially

Hi folks!

Welcome back to Mars! Here we are once again providing you with great ideas to use in your classroom. Today, I am going to show you a very useful tool to motivate and engage students in learning new concepts. This innovative tool is genially

I found out this website quite interesting for teachers. First of all, because it is free! Moreover, it offers many visual items to use in Primary Education. It is not the simple Power point that you create to give meaning to your explanations. Genially has been designed to be manipulative and interconnected, which means you create a slideshow with different alternatives and windows that open a new world field.

Although it has been my first time using this app, I will apply it to my classroom as a general basis. I have to say that the first time it is a bit time- consuming as you might not know how it goes. But when you get used to it, you will think that it is "easy peasy, lemon squeezy!"

I really recommend using this webpage so as to support your explanations, give examples to new concepts or just as a way to present activities in the classroom. Don't be lazy and start using it!

Just below, you can see an example of a presentation of location using maps. This slideshow has been created to be applied for 2nd graders, as they do not have a sense of space in the world. I hope it serves you as an example. I  also attach a youtube video of a presentation of the topic.

Enjoy the life!





Comments

  1. Thank you very much for providing important information. All your information is very valuable to me.
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How many senses have we got?

How many senses have we got? Photograph by Alexas_Fotos CC0 Creative Commons   Hi folks! It's me again, Martic! How are things going in The Earth? Here in Mars we are celebrating Saint Valentine's Day. Did you know that Marshis people celebrate Saint Valentine's on the 15th of February? Yes! This is because Cupid used to visit first The Earth and the day after he visits Mars.  In my classroom, I am linking this special day to the 5 senses humans have. We are asking ourselves how people interact and make relationships such as friendship or partnership. The purpose of the following pictures is to represent humans acts when interacting with the environment, with other people and with themselves. I have designed this topic to be carried out in a CLIL lesson with 2nd graders. The photographs displayed below will help me to introduce and to explain the topic of the 5 senses. To activate students' talking time, I will ask them some questions ...

Irish Poems Recital

Hi folks! Welcome to a new entry of this learning journal. Did you know that last month the 17th of March was Saint Patrick's Day? Let me tell you a bit more about this festivity.  Saint Patrick's Day is a really big party for everything to do with the country, Ireland. Its people, art, religion and all the things Irish people like to do. This special day happens every year on March, 17, which marks the date when Saint Patrick, a catholic priest in charged of spreading the Christian word.  You might be wondering why I am telling you all these things. Well, in my school in Mars we are immersed on a radio- project related to Irish Poems. We have created a podcast in which students participate actively introducing themselves for a later on activity to podcast recitals of Irish poems. What it is very important is the use of ICTs in these kind of activities. Through the tool Soundcloud , we engage students to upload their own recordings in order to make a collection...

Welcome buddies

Photograph by OpenClipart- Vectors CC0 Creative Commons 💃Hi folks! Welcome to my classroom in Mars. I am a teacher here in this fantastic planet. My name is Martic and I am 126 years old. Here in Mars people can live up to 270 years old. Amazing, isn't it? Are you ready to know a bit more about us? Just keep reading... I am an enthusiastic CLIL teacher. I love languages and being in touch with people from other planets such as The Earth or Saturn. I love dancing flamenco in my free time, I will show you sometime.  I am interested in travelling as well. I have visited 5 planets in my life. But I hope to travel to many more places in this Milky Way. Now you know me a bit more, I will tell you more about how we live in Mars.  Let me introduce you my classroom. The students in Mars s peak both Spanish and Marsish therefore  we believe in Bilingual Education. It is very important for us because they communicate with Spanish people everyday. ...