Skip to main content

Experiencing #twima8

Hi folks!


Welcome once again to my planet Marsh. We are all so excited about making new friends from all over the Milky Way. Our planet is immersed on a project about meeting people from other planets and we have been invited to participate in a share experience network. Would you like to know more about it? Let's keep reading!

And this awsome app is... chan chan chan... Flipgrid. This app is a social learning platform that allows teachers to interact and communicate with other teachers and students using videos. The proposal of the app is an open concept to find creative teaching ways to interact and share experiences with the students and other educational staff members. 

I am going to tell you how I felt taking part in this project with other teachers. Well, I am participating in a share- project  that is being carried out through Flipgrid. The project is called #twima8 (The world is my audience, 8 edition). This project was firstly launched by a teacher with the idea of sharing experiences that can help other people. Sharing is growing. How can you take part in the project? You can collaborate by sharing a video recorded with Flipgrid and then uploud it to the project #twima8. 

If you ask my opinion about the functions and how easy it is to use this app, I would say it is quite easy to share your experices with this app. In general, it is not difficult if you are used to working with apps on your phone. Generally is quite intuitive. Moreover, you have as many chances as you need to record yourself; but I recommend you rehearsing before recording it. 

I love being part in such a wonderful share experience with my classmates and other teachers around the world. It's impressive how quickly we can interact and connect with other teachers that are on the other side of the globe. From my experience, it has been a greatful and rewarding activity that I will use it in my future proffesional career with my future students. Its's motivational as you see others telling you their experiences as well as you do. 

An interesting way to let the rest teachers know about this app is using other social networks such as twitter. I leave here my own twitter account so you can check how fun it's being participating on this project. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many senses have we got?

How many senses have we got? Photograph by Alexas_Fotos CC0 Creative Commons   Hi folks! It's me again, Martic! How are things going in The Earth? Here in Mars we are celebrating Saint Valentine's Day. Did you know that Marshis people celebrate Saint Valentine's on the 15th of February? Yes! This is because Cupid used to visit first The Earth and the day after he visits Mars.  In my classroom, I am linking this special day to the 5 senses humans have. We are asking ourselves how people interact and make relationships such as friendship or partnership. The purpose of the following pictures is to represent humans acts when interacting with the environment, with other people and with themselves. I have designed this topic to be carried out in a CLIL lesson with 2nd graders. The photographs displayed below will help me to introduce and to explain the topic of the 5 senses. To activate students' talking time, I will ask them some questions ...

Irish Poems Recital

Hi folks! Welcome to a new entry of this learning journal. Did you know that last month the 17th of March was Saint Patrick's Day? Let me tell you a bit more about this festivity.  Saint Patrick's Day is a really big party for everything to do with the country, Ireland. Its people, art, religion and all the things Irish people like to do. This special day happens every year on March, 17, which marks the date when Saint Patrick, a catholic priest in charged of spreading the Christian word.  You might be wondering why I am telling you all these things. Well, in my school in Mars we are immersed on a radio- project related to Irish Poems. We have created a podcast in which students participate actively introducing themselves for a later on activity to podcast recitals of Irish poems. What it is very important is the use of ICTs in these kind of activities. Through the tool Soundcloud , we engage students to upload their own recordings in order to make a collection...

Experimenting with Genially

Hi folks! Welcome back to Mars! Here we are once again providing you with great ideas to use in your classroom. Today, I am going to show you a very useful tool to motivate and engage students in learning new concepts. This innovative tool is genially I found out this website quite interesting for teachers. First of all, because it is free! Moreover, it offers many visual items to use in Primary Education. It is not the simple Power point that you create to give meaning to your explanations. Genially has been designed to be manipulative and interconnected, which means you create a slideshow with different alternatives and windows that open a new world field. Although it has been my first time using this app, I will apply it to my classroom as a general basis. I have to say that the first time it is a bit time- consuming as you might not know how it goes. But when you get used to it, you will think that it is "easy peasy, lemon squeezy!" I really recommend usi...